It's that time of the year again... The leaves are turning various beautiful shades of yellow, orange and red, the days are getting shorter and colder, Pumpkin Spiced Latte is a thing again and we are wearing more layers again.
For exactly those reasons I love autumn, it's my favourite season. The air smells different, cleaner and it's the perfect time to curl up with a book and a hot chocolate OR do an autumn or winter inspired shoot.
Here are some useful things to know, when you book your shoot:
1. Bring some layers. A outfit change doesn't to be a complete change from head to toe. Bring different sweaters, tops, jackets or simple various scarfs and hats.
2. Wear some warm and comfy shoes. Apart from being colder it can also be quite slippery during autumn and winter. Bring boots or trainers, instead of high heels, that will just get dirty or stuck in the ground. Wellies can also be a nice addition to your outfit.
3. Go with a natural/earthy colour palette instead of bright summer or spring colours. Lot's of brown, orange/mustard, dark reds, greys and cream colours coupled with blue or black jeans work well. Also a nice casual dress with some thick tights is a lovely look. I've created a mood board for autumn shoots, which will give you an idea for clothing, colours and make-up.
4. Include some props & accessories. Think leather boots or wellies, bobble hats, a coffee mug, an umbrella, a bag, even some leaves - just to give you an idea.
5. Pack the necessities. It can get quite chilly in autumn/winter, so you may want to bring some necessities with you. For example lip balm, moisturizer, warm packs for your hands, tissues, and of course warm apparel. Maybe even a thermos with some nice hot chocolate or tea.
If this post made you want to do a super awesome autumn/winter photo shoot you can check out the available packages and book your shoot here.
Looking forward to get creative with you!
Take care. x